- 1 cup bread flour, plus extra for dusting and rolling
- 150g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup) warm milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg yolk to glaze
- Whisk the milk, sugar and yeast together in a large bowl and let it cool until completely cold.
- Put the flour, salt and butter in a bowl and mix with a fork until the mixture looks like chunky breadcrumbs.
- Add both the milk mixture and the flour mixture together and gently combine.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work top and press together to form a square. Wrap in cling film and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, with a rolling pin roll the dough into a rectangle shape, fold it gently and roll it out with the rolling pin again. Repeat until the dough is soft. Put in the refrigerator for two hours.
- When ready, roll the dough out into a rectangle of about 5mm thick and cut into long triangles.
- Roll the triangles from base to pointy end and place on a baking tray.
- Glaze the croissants with egg yolk and bake for 15 minutes on 200 degrees Celsius fan bake
Ask a Question!