- 1 cup of flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of milk
- Your choice of jam and whipped cream to serve
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In another bowl beat the egg and sugar with a whisk until you have a thick batter.
- Add the egg mixture and the milk to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium and drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture from the point of the spoon onto the surface.
- When bubbles start to form on the top of the pikelets, turn them over and cook the other side until golden.
- Serve with jam and whipped cream!
Ask a Question!