- Cut off both ends of the large milk bottles. You can use one of the ends as a plastic tray for your bait so set it aside.
- Slide your cut pieces of bottle into the others to make a tunnel.
- Slide in a piece of cardboard which will be the base of your tunnel.
- Darken the tunnel by wrapping it in plastic wrap. An old rubbish bag can be good for this.
- Soak a sponge in food colouring and place it on your plastic tray (which is the bottom of your milk bottle!)
- Put a heaped teaspoon of peanut butter on a leaf and place it in the middle of the sponge to lure local creatures into your tunnel.
- Put the tray in the middle of your tunnel and put sheets of paper at both ends to ensure you get the footprints!
- Find an awesome place in your back yard which would suit to have a tunnel. Check your papers each morning to see if there are any small animals in your backyard!
Ask a Question!