- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 125g butter
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl sift together flour and cinnamon. Add rolled oats, coconut and sugars – mix well.
- Heat the butter, golden syrup and water in a small pot until the butter melts and it is well combined. Make sure it does not boil!
- Remove from heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Pour immediately into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Roll into small balls and place on your tray.
- Bake for 16 minutes for a chewy biscuit or 20 minutes for a crunchy biscuit.
Ask a Question!