Stop Motion Set!
- Grab a piece of corrugated cardboard and estimate how much of it you will need to cover the face of your box. Use your scissors to trim it down to the perfect size!
- Use the masking tape to stick the cardboard to the box.
- Now you want to make your scene for a film or television show! Use a piece of coloured paper as the background (for example, if it is a night time scene, use a black piece of paper, or if it is set in the ocean, use blue!
- Create some characters using coloured paper and colouring pens! Use your imagination. Cut a piece of paper the same colour as your background and glue it to the back of your character. This will help you move your character around!
- Choose a different coloured piece of paper. This is going to be the ground to your scene. Sticky tape it down at each end (but not in the middle!) so you can thread your characters underneath it.
- Place the scene on the middle of your box.
- Now it’s time to make your curtains. Grab two pieces of A4 coloured and fold them over and over like a paper accordion. Pin the ‘curtains’ on either side of the scene. Cut and paste any extra pieces of paper to cover up the cardboard showing through! Now you have your stage!
- HAVE FUN! Use your characters to act out a scene to your friends and family!
Don’t forget to send us photos at [email protected]
What You Need:
- Coloured Paper
- Masking Tape
- Sticky tape
- Coloured pens
- Corrugated cardboard